2011 Administrator Town Hall Meetings
County Administrator Michael Wanchick invites residents to be active participants in the 2012 budget process. One way to be engaged is to attend an upcoming Town Hall meeting, being held all throughout St. Johns County in June. At the meetings, Wanchick will give a presentation on the County’s current financial condition and make recommendations for the 2012 budget. The community can ask questions and make comments, and citizens will also have an opportunity to submit feedback via email and phone calls. All comments will be compiled and presented to the County Commission.
Click for 2011 Town Hall flyer
Seven meetings will be held throughout St. Johns County in June:
- Wednesday, June 1st – 6:30 pm
St. Johns County Convention Center at World Golf Village (in the Renaissance)
500 S. Legacy Trail, St. Augustine
- Thursday, June 2nd – 3:00 pm
St. Augustine Beach City Hall
2200 A1A South, St. Augustine
- Monday, June 6th – 6:30 pm
Southeast Branch Library
6670 US 1 South, St. Augustine
- Thursday, June 9th – 6:30 pm
Hastings Town Hall
6195 S. Main Street, Hastings
- Thursday, June 16th – 6:30 pm
Bartram Trail Branch Library
60 Davis Pond Boulevard, St. Johns
- Wednesday, June 22nd – 6:30 pm
Ponte Vedra Beach Branch Library
101 Library Boulevard, Ponte Vedra Beach
- Monday, June 27th – 6:30 pm
Main Library in St. Augustine
1960 N. Ponce De Leon Boulevard, St. Augustine
Citizen feedback is crucial to a successful budget process. All comments will be presented to the County Commission prior to their formal budget public hearings.
Phone: (904) 209-1202
- 2011 Town Hall PowerPoint – Complete Presentation (pdf)
- 2010 Town Hall PowerPoint – Complete Presentation (pdf)
- 2009 Town Hall Powerpoint – Complete Presentation (pdf)
The Town Hall meetings will lead to the County Administrator’s Recommended 2012 County budget due to the Commission in July, as required by Florida statutes. The budget process will then culminate in September with two advertised public hearings and final adoption by the County Commission.
Fiscal Year 2012 begins October 1, 2011, and goes through September 30, 2012. Full Tentative Budget Calendar here.
- May 10-12, 2011: Administrator’s Budget Hearings with Departments (Calendar)
- June 2011: Administrator’s Town Hall meetings
- July 12, 2011: Administrator submits Recommended Budget to County Commission
- July 19, 2011: County Commission Workshop on Recommended Budget
- August 2, 2011: County Commission sets Tentative Millage Rate
- September 6, 2011: First Public Hearing on Millage Rate and 2012 Budget
- September 20, 2011: Second Public Hearing and Final Adoption of Millage Rate and 2012 Budget
More Budget information on the Office of Management and Budget webpage.
P: (904) 209-0530