- FY2016 and Beyond: Balancing Revenue with Community Needs – The St. Johns Board of County Commissioners held a special meeting on February 12, 2015 to solicit public input regarding the challenge of balancing available revenues with community expectations. After a brief presentation outlining the County's current and projected financial environment, the Board received public feedback pertaining to the issues related to the funding of future services including transportation projects, the Fire Rescue Department, the Sheriff's Office, parks, recreational programming, social services, library facilities and programming, beach management, and other important community services. At the February 17, 2015 regular meeting, the Board of County Commissioners approved a motion directing staff to explore the feasibility of a new revenue source, and that process is currently underway. For additional information, please review the FY2016 and Beyond Presentation presented to the Board of County Commissioners by County Administrator Michael D. Wanchick during the meeting. If you would like to submit feedback regarding this important topic, please send an email to email@example.com or call 904.209.1202.
- St. Johns County Celebrates Opening of New Health and Human Services Center – St. Johns County hosted a ceremony celebrating the opening of the new Health and Human Services Center on Thursday, February 26, 2015. The important new facility, located at 200 San Sebastian View, is home to five local and state agencies and will provide a variety of critical services to the residents of St. Johns County. Agencies who call the new facility home include the St. Johns County Family Integrity Program, St. Johns County Veterans Services, The Stewart-Marchman-Act, and the Florida Department of Health. Health and Human Services.
- 2015 St. Johns County Legislative Action Plan – The St. Johns County Legislative Action Plan is a focused list of priorities for which the County requests financial assistance and other support from our State and Federal delegation members. Commissioner Rachael Bennett, Chair and District 5 Representative, presented the Legislative Action Plan to the County's State Representatives at the Legislative Delegation Meeting on February 25, 2015. Legislative priorities have historically included issues related to Florida Statutes, transportation, water quality, unfunded mandates, and a variety of other subjects. Please review the 2015 St. Johns County Legislative Action Plan for additional information regarding the identified priorities.
- Planning & Zoning Agency Meeting Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. Meeting Details.
- Drawing for 2015 Super Summer Spectacular Camp Registration – Entries for the drawing accepted March 2 – 15 at sjcfl.us/youth, Ketterlinus Gym, Solomon Calhoun Center, or by calling (904) 209-0377 / (904) 209-0333. Summer Camp Registration Drawing.
- Boston at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Sunday, May 24. Tickets go on sale to the general public this Friday, February 27 at 10 a.m. St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- Old Crow Medicine Show at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Saturday, May 16. Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, February 27 at 10 a.m. St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- Brand New at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Thursday, May 7. Tickets on sale now. St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- Jefferson Starship at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall Saturday, April 2. Tickets will go on sale Friday, February 27 at 10 a.m. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- John Mayall at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall Wednesday, May 13. Tickets will go on sale Friday, February 27 at 10 a.m. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- The Psychedelic Furs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall Sunday, May 31, 2015. Tickets on sale now. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Beach Access Pass Preseason Sale – 2015 vehicle beach access passes at preseason prices on sale now through March 1. Beach Access Passes
- St. Johns County Board of County Commission regular meetings are held each month on the first and third Tuesdays at 9:00 am in the St. Johns County Auditorium. Agendas | Minutes | Calendar
- Negotiation Meetings – Representatives of the Collective Bargaining Team of St. Johns County and of the International Association of Firefighters Local #3865 will meet in public session for the purpose of collective bargaining contract negotiations. 2015 Schedule.
- Accomplishments, Accolades, and Recognitions – Learn about the investment of public resources and the difficult role the County Commission plays in successfully guiding our county to its status of one of the most successful in Florida. More information.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week!
- Road Construction Advisories – www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas may be viewed on the Clerk of Courts website.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ firstname.lastname@example.org, or (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions about Americans with Disabilities Act Procedures, please contact the Compliance Officer, Katie Diaz at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.