- Last Call for 2014 Washback Sea Turtle Season Volunteers – St. Johns County is seeking volunteers to survey the wrack line on beaches for stranded sea turtles. Washback volunteer training will be held from 6-7 p.m. on August 29 at the South Ponte Vedra Recreation Area, from 9-10 a.m. on August 30 at Frank Butler Park East, and from 9-10 a.m. on September 6 at Surfside Park Pavilion. Washback Sea Turtle Volunteers
- Ponte Vedra Water Meter Replacement Project – The St. Johns County Utility Department will begin work to replace and/or upgrade approximately 10,000 Ponte Vedra service area water meters in September. Water Meter Replacement Project.
- St. Augustine Beach, Crescent Beach, and Butler Beach Closed to Vehicular Traffic – Due to persistent north east winds, elevated surf, and beach flooding associated with Hurricane Cristobal, St. Augustine Beach, Crescent Beach, and Butler Beach are temporarily closed to vehicular traffic. Beach Vehicle Access
- "Reach the Beach" Program to Help St. Johns County Residents and Visitors Enjoy the Sand, Sun, and Surf During Labor Day Weekend – Reach the Beach
- St. Johns County Labor Day Holiday Hours – All administrative departments of the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners, the St. Johns County Library System, and the Pet Center will be closed Monday, September 1, in observance of the Labor Day Holiday. All offices will resume standard business hours on Tuesday, September 2. The garbage, recycling, and yard debris schedules will not change due to the holiday and the Solid Waste scale houses at Tillman Ridge and Stratton Road will remain open. Labor Day Closings
- Durbin Creek Exploration Kayak Trips – The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department is hosting a guided kayak tour of Durbin Creek from 9 to 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 11 and Saturday, September 13. Durbin Creek Kayak Trip
- Family Integrity Program Seeking Foster Parents and Mentors – The St. Johns County Family Integrity Program is seeking qualified volunteers to work with children in our local child welfare system as foster parents or mentors. Classes required to become a licensed foster parent, or to adopt a child through the child welfare system, will begin with an orientation session from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, September 8, and the nine week curriculum will begin at 6:30 p.m. the following Monday, September 15. Foster Parent Program
- St. Johns County Libraries Hosting Flood Risk and Mitigation Workshops – James R. Schock, St. Johns County Floodplain Manager and Plans Examiner, is presenting a series of workshops in September at St. Johns County Libraries to provide information regarding flood risk and mitigation strategies. The workshops begin September 12. Visit www.sjcpls.org, for a list of library locations. For more information, please contact Mr. Schock at 904.827.6806 or email@example.com. Workshop Information and Schedule.
- Northeast Florida Regional Transportation Commission Meeting – The Northeast Florida Regional Transportation Commission will hold its regularly scheduled meeting from 1:30-4 p.m. on Wednesday, August 27 at the North Florida TPO, 1022 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207. NEFRTC Meeting
- FDOT SR-9B Public Hearing – The Florida Department of Transportation invites you to attend a public hearing to discuss proposed improvements to SR-9B in Duval and St. Johns Counties rom 4:30-6:30 p.m., Monday, September 15 at the Courtyard by Marriott, 14402 Old St. Augustine Rd, Jacksonville. FDOT SR-9B Public Hearing
- Volunteers Needed for Sea Turtle Washback Program – Volunteers needed through November, to survey wrack lines for washback sea turtles. Orientation sessions begin August 12. For more information, please review the St. Johns County Sea Turtle Washback Volunteers Facebook page, Press Release, or visit the Volunteer page.
- St. Johns County 2013-14 Accomplishments, Accolades, and Recognitions – Please review the most recent edition of the St. Johns County Accolades, Accomplishments, and Recognitions List, to learn more about county government, the investment of public resources in St. Johns County’s current and future quality of life, and the difficult role the County Commission plays in successfully guiding St. Johns County to its status of one of the most successful counties in the State of Florida.
- FY 2015 Recommended Budget Presentation – St. Johns County Administrator Michael Wanchick presented the FY 2015 Recommended Budget to the Board of County Commissioners on July 29, 2014. Please view the FY 2015 Recommended Budget Presentation, for additional information.
- Support St. Johns County Summer Camp Program – St. Johns County produced a video featuring the SJC Summer Camp program for a contest with other parks departments. Now we need your help by voting for their entry on Facebook. Support SJC Recreation on Facebook.
- Prescription Drug Disposal – Help keep pharmaceuticals out of our waters by not flushing unwanted medication. They can be safely disposed of at our local Sheriff's office. Operation Medicine Cabinet.
- St. Johns County Fiscal Year 2015 Administrator's Budget Hearings were held on May 13, 14, and 15, 2014. Administrator's Workbook & Office of Management & Budget.
- Sea Turtle Nesting Season Rules – Beach driving and lighting rules are in effect May 1 to October 31. Beach driving is only allowed from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and all beachfront properties are required to reduce interior and exterior lighting which may impact nesting sea turtles. Sea Turtle Nesting Season and the Habitat Conservation Program.
- Sea Turtle Nests – Get the latest sea turtle nesting & hatching info! Turtle Tracks.
- St. Johns County Board and Committee Vacancies – Current vacancies.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week!
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas – View agendas on the Clerk of Courts website. For information related to an agenda item, just click the text of that item.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
- Drive in St. Johns County? Get road construction advisories at www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ firstname.lastname@example.org, or (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions about Americans with Disabilities Act Procedures, please contact the Compliance Officer, Katie Diaz at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.