Residential Garbage & Yard Waste
Schedules are managed directly by the residential service providers, Republic Services and Advanced Disposal. If you need to find the provider for your area or to inquire about your scheduled day of service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 827-6980 for further assistance.
Advanced Disposal – Services residents in the southern half of St. Johns County (south of the St. Johns River following CR 208 and south of SR 16 to the ocean)
Republic Services – Services residents in the northern half of St. Johns County (north of the St. Johns River following CR 208 and north of SR 16 to the ocean)
For more information, please see the service provider map.
Residential Garbage Guidelines
- Place all household garbage into trash cans or plastic trash bags secured to prevent scattering of waste due to animals or wind.
- Place cans and bags curbside within 3 to 5 feet of the edge of the traveled portion of the roadway by 6 am on scheduled collection day.
- Garbage placed in front of vacant lots, lands, or properties will not be collected.
- Garbage, recycling and yard debris must be separated by the residents for pick up.
- Non-containerized garbage, excluding bulky waste, will not be collected. No can or bag may exceed 50 lbs.
- Special waste such as tires, construction & demolition debris, and household hazardous waste is not collected curbside.
Large item pick up
- Recycle appliances curbside by scheduling a collection with your service provider.
- Place large, bulky items out at the curb next to your regular garbage. This includes: couches, sectionals, mattresses, household furniture, etc.
Residential Yard Waste Guidelines
- Yard waste, including bagged debris, is picked up on standard collection days by Advanced Disposal or Republic Services.
- Branches, shrubs, and stumps (not over 6 ft. in length or 50 lbs. in weight) should be stacked neatly parallel to the curb.
- Leaves, grass clippings, twigs and small pieces of yard waste MUST be bagged, bundled, or placed in a garbage receptacle no larger than 32 gallons and 50 lbs.
- With large amounts, please stack in neat piles. (If it has to be pulled apart, it will not be collected.)
- Palm fronds should be stacked in neat piles on top of one another with the fan portion facing away from the curb.
- Do not blow leaves and yard waste into the street and storm drains that empty into nearby waterways.
- Yard waste placed in front of vacant lots, lands, or properties will not be collected.
- Christmas trees may be placed out curbside on the standard yard waste collection day. Trees must be under 6ft in length and under 50 lbs. in weight, all decorations and Christmas lights must be removed. These items are not recyclable or compostable, so either roll them up and keep them for next year, or donate them.
- Garbage, recycling and yard waste must be separated by the residents for pick up.
- Items that are not yard waste include: Whole trees, land clearing debris, yard waste weighing more than 50 lbs. or more than 6 ft. in length, small pieces of yard waste not properly bagged or containerized, fencing, landscape timbers, garden hoses, planters, flower pots, and yard decorations.
Questions or Concerns?
Do you have any questions or concerns regarding your garbage or yard waste services? Please contact us at email@example.com or (904) 827-6980 for further assistance.