Solid Waste Tax Exemption
Social Services Division provides interviewing, screening, and eligibility determination to applicants requesting assistance based on financial hardship. Upon approval, the applicant would be exempt from the County’s solid waste collection assessment and from the solid waste recycle assessment. This exemption is established by County resolution, which is based on the Federal Poverty Level.
How to Apply
1. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION – Prepare the following required documentation:
- The completed application form
- Picture I.D. (must be a St Johns County resident)
- Social Security Card for all members of the household
- Provide household income for the last 4 months
- Provide household bank statements for the last 4 months
- Copy of your tax bill
2. APPLICATION – Choose one of two ways to submit your application. Both application methods require all documentation to be submitted. Please do not begin the application process without having all required documents ready for submission:
- Complete the PDF - Solid Waste Tax Exemption Application. Please print PDF and bring to one of the two offices listed below along with all the required documentation needed for determination.
3. REVIEW – Once application and all required documents are received and reviewed by a Case Specialist additional documentation may be requested depending on your unique situation.
Have questions or need assistance? We are open to assist you! Please call (904) 209-6140.
- Social Services - Main Office – Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm
200 San Sebastian View, Suite 2300
St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Social Services - Hastings Office – Tuesday & Thursday, 10am to 5pm
Hastings Library, 6195 S Main St.
Hastings, FL 32145