Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP)
The EHEAP program provides heating/cooling (Electric) bill assistance for ages 60 and older. Payment is made to the energy vendor or landlord (if utilities are included with the rent) on behalf of the eligible household that meets income and residency criteria.
Home Energy Crisis Assistance is provided to an elder who is in immediate danger of losing home energy. Benefit payment amounts are determined based on a documented home energy crisis and eligibility guidelines:
- Elder (60+) must be experiencing a verifiable home energy crisis (see below). Note: Payments can be for PAST DUE amounts only.
- Household income must be below 150% FPL
- St Johns County Resident
- Cannot be a resident of a group living facility or a home where cost of residency is subsidized through a program administered by the state;
- Cannot be a student living in a dormitory
- Complete the entire EHEAP Application and provide ALL required documentation:
- Driver's License or State Issued ID (over 18); Birth Certificate or School ID (under 18)
- Social Security Card
- Bank Statement (Last 30 days)
- Proof of all income (Note: Bank Statement cannot be used to verify income)
- Past Due Energy Bill
Here is the EHEAP program application (PDF) that must be completed.
Have questions or need assistance? We are open to assist you! Please call (904) 209-6140.
- Social Services Main Office – Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm
200 San Sebastian View, Suite 2300
St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Social Services Hastings Office – Tuesday & Thursday, 10am to 5pm
Hastings Library, 6195 S Main St.
Hastings, FL 32145