Limited Rental and Utility Assistance
Limited rental and utility assistance is available for St. Johns County residents if you have a documented financial crisis. Assistance can only be provided once in an 18 month period.
There are two ways to submit your application. Both applications require the same documentation to determine eligibility. The DocuSign link should only be clicked when you are ready to complete the application and have all required documentation ready to upload for submission.
You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar PDF viewer to view the PDF application. If you are using the DocuSign link all required fields and required documentation must be completed in order to submit application for assistance.
How to Apply
1. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION – Prepare the following required documentation:
- Documented financial hardship: some examples are loss of employment, reduction in hours, and car repairs.
- St Johns County Picture ID or Driver’s License
- Social Security card for all members of household
- Proof of household income for last 30 days
- Bank statements for last 30 days for all household members and all accounts
- Past due utility bill
- 3 day notice or letter from landlord stating the amount due with description of what the total covers and copy of full lease.
2. APPLICATION – Choose one of two ways to submit your application. Both application methods require all documentation to be submitted. Please do not begin the application process without having all 7 required documents ready for submission:
- Complete the PDF - St. Johns County Social Services Application. Please print pdf and bring to one of the two offices listed below along with all the required documentation needed for determination.
- Complete the DocuSign - St Johns County Application. All required fields and required documentation must be completed in order to submit application for assistance. You must click agree to use electronic records and signatures first in order to proceed with this method.
3. REVIEW – Once application and all required documents are received and reviewed by a Case Specialist additional documentation may be requested depending on your unique situation.
As this funding is very limited, if you are seeking assistance due to loss of employment we ask that you apply as soon as possible for Unemployment Assistance and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP Food Assistance).
Have questions or need assistance? We are open to assist you! Please call (904) 209-6140.
- Social Services Main Office – Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm
200 San Sebastian View, Suite 2300
St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Social Services Hastings Office – Tuesday & Thursday, 10am to 5pm
Hastings Library, 6195 S Main St.
Hastings, FL 32145