Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Information
Road and Bridge, 2740 Industry Center Rd, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Office Hours: M-F 7:30 to 4:30 | P: (904) 209-0266
After Hours (Holidays and Weekends) please call: Sheriff’s Department Dispatch (904) 824-8304 or Fire Rescue Dispatch (904) 829-2226

Who do I call to report pot holes, street drainage problems, etc.?
Road & Bridge at (904) 209-0266 to put in work request.

Who do I call if there is a tree on the County right-of-way that may need to be cut back or removed?
Road & Bridge at (904) 209-0266 to put in work request.

What are the Road Crews doing on my road?
You may contact Road & Bridge at (904) 209-0266 to find out what type of work is being done.

When will my dirt road be graded?
All County maintained dirt roads are graded on a 6+/- week rotating schedule.  If you need to make a request for grading, please call (904) 209-0266.

Who do I call for dead animal removal on a County maintained roadway?
Road & Bridge at (904) 209-0266. If an animal is injured, or alive and poses an issue; please contact the Division of Animal Control at (904) 209-0746.

Who should I contact about signage or traffic signals on County Roads?
Call the Traffic Hotline immediately at (904) 209-0170, or email

Who should I contact about signage or traffic signals on State Roads?
Florida Department of Transportation at (904) 825-5036.

Who do I call for a street light that is out?
Call Hank Mein, at (904) 209-0170.

Who do I call for trash pick-up questions or concerns?
Please contact Solid Waste at (904) 827-6980.

What are the hours for Road & Bridge?
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.

Who do I call in case of an Emergency if the Road & Bridge Office is closed?
Call the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office at (904) 824-8304.

Services that Road & Bridge cannot provide.

We cannot provide services on private property or services under the jurisdiction of an another agency. Common requests for services that cannot be performed or that will be referred to others include the following list, where applicable the phone numbers have been provided for your convenience.

  • Driveway repair (Property Owner)
  • Tree removal (Private Property)
  • Dead Animals (Private Property)
  • Fences and Walls (Private Property)
  • Ditches not in Easements
  • Landscape Maintenance (Private Property)
  • Water and Sewer problems need to be referred to appropriate utility company (Your Service Provider)
  • Private roads (dirt or paved) not dedicated to the public or the county and formally accepted by the Board of County Commissioners for maintenance.
  • Any calls referring to anything on State Roads (i.e., US 1, SR 207, SR 312), must be called in to the Florida Department of Transportation






Florida’s Historic Coast
Images of St. Johns County