Recreation & Parks
- Butler Park West and Butler Park Boat Ramp Closed April 28 through November 30, 2014 for the Treasure Beach Canals Dredging Project and structural improvements that will improve use and access during lower tides. Nearby locations that provide public access for both non- and motorized boats to the Intracoastal and Atlantic include: Green Road, Palmetto Road, Lighthouse Boat Ramp and Devil's Elbow (Fee-based, 7507 A1A S). St. Johns County thanks the community for their patience and understanding during this time of progress. For additional information, please call (904) 209-0333 or view a complete listing of St. Johns County boat ramps, parks, and recreational facilities.
- Just Tri It! Join us for the 2014 Kids Triathlon on May 4, at 8 a.m. at the Solomon Calhoun Center! Children ages 5-14 can join in the fun and JUST TRI IT! This is a non-competitive event giving everyone the chance to participate in a Triathlon. The first 250 children to pick up their race packets will get a Just Tri It! tee shirt and every child that completes the race will get a medal for their accomplishment! Just Tri It!
- Sport Shorts Soccer – The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks dept. will hold a 6 week Sport Sports soccer camp for children ages 3 to 5 years old at Treaty Park beginning Tuesday, May 6, 2014. The camp will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. More information and registration form.
- Summer Camp Counselor – Apply now to be a summer camp staff member for St. Johns County Recreation & Parks Department and give our campers an experience they will never forget by helping us build relationships that last a lifetime! Summer Camp Counselor
- Robert Laryn Skate Park at Treaty Park – Robert Laryn Skate Park at Treaty Park re-opened Saturday, February 8th. Give them a like over on their facebook page and keep up to date with news and events.
- Beach Improvements & Special Thanks to Pedro Menendez Students – The new walkover crossing A1A south of 23rd St is now open to provide safer beach access, as is the Solana access ramp. These improvements are part of a long list of facility and access enhancements made by St. Johns County within the past year to meet beachgoer needs, and parking lot expansion for North Beach Park is scheduled for this summer. Special recognition goes out to Pedro Menendez High School and Mike Rosenberg's ABS Academy/Carpentry students who built five benches for St. Johns County beachfront parks out of "rescue wood." Beach improvements press release.
- Current Beach Conditions – Automated information line, updated as conditions change (904) 209-0331.
- Need a venue for your special event? St. Johns County has beachfront and park pavilions suitable for everything from weddings to family reunions. Make your reservation today!
- Been to a Park Lately? St. Johns County residents and visitors are fortunate to have a number of beautiful parks available for a wide variety of uses. Explore nature and history, relax, surf, and swim, play sports, fish, bring the children to a playscape, skateboard... even the dogs have their own parks! Find out more about all you can do at St. Johns County Parks.
The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department is committed to a thriving local park system, the opportunity for our residents and visitors to enjoy healthy, active lifestyles, and the preservation of the natural beauty of our environment. Explore the many ways Recreation and Parks is making our communities happier and healthier by providing a place where it all comes together – a sense of community, an appreciation of history, and a respect for nature.
SJC Recreation and Parks – Where everybody plays