Super Summer Spectacular 2014
Summer Camps 2014
The Recreation & Parks Department Camps are for children ages 5-12 (five year olds must currently be in Kindergarten to be eligible), and held at five locations in St. Johns County. Camps emphasize outdoor activities and are staffed by experienced, motivated leaders from within our community. Each camp site participates in three exciting field trips, arts & crafts activities, and swimming twice a week.
Summer Camp Registration is Closed
Summer Camp Lottery Registration
How the Lottery Works
- Participants are chosen at random by drawing names via computer lottery. The public drawing will be held Friday, March 28th at Ketterlinus Gym. You do NOT need to be present for the drawing.
- We will mail out notifications immediately following the lottery. All results will be mailed by Friday, April 4th, so please be patient and wait for your results before contacting our offices.
- If your first camp location choice of is full, you will be placed in your second choice; if your second choice is full, you will be placed on the Waiting List.
- If the Waiting List for your first choice is full, you will be placed on the waiting list of your second choice. If both waiting lists are full, we will be unable to enroll your children in the Summer Spectacular program or on a waiting list.
Summer Camp Dates & Hours
Camp starts June 16th and ends August 1st. Camp will be closed Friday July 4th. Camp hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2014 Camp Fees
- Camp Rate: $410 per child; $59 per week.
- Reduced Rate: $305 per child; $44 per week. (Must qualify.)
To receive the reduced rate you must qualify for Reduced Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board, you will be required to submit your paper work with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
- Free Rate: $205 per child; $30 per week. (Must qualify.)
To receive the free rate you must qualify for Free Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board, you will be required to submit your paper work with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
2014 Camp Locations
- Davis Park Field House
210 Davis Park Road, Ponte Vedra
- Plantation Park
3060 Racetrack Road, St. Johns
- Trout Creek
6795 Collier Road, Mill Creek
- Solomon Calhoun Center
1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine
- W.E. Harris Community Center
400 East Harris Street, Hastings
Counselor in Training (CIT) Program
Do you like the outdoors? Have you ever wanted to be a day camp counselor? Then the Counselor In Training Program might be for you!
- A 7 week youth program for teens ages 13-16.
- Learn valuable job training and leadership skills
- Work side by side with Counselors of the Super Summer Spectacular Program.
The program runs in the summer, Monday through Friday for eight working hours daily. A mandatory training for all CIT applicants will be held June 12, 2014, time to be announced. At completion of this training each CIT will be placed in a Super Summer Spectacular program where he or she will receive one-on-one training and learn what it takes to become a day camp counselor.
The CIT Mission
The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department Counselor-In-Training program offers past campers educational and leadership experiences, preparing them to be the future leaders of our camps and their communities.
Jr. Lifeguard Program
Join one of the top Lifeguard programs in the state of Florida. Train with the top Lifeguards on the St. Johns County Beaches and pool. Click for more information.
SJC Recreation and Parks – Where everybody plays