THE 2020 SUMMER CAMP LOTTERY REGISTRATION DRAWING IS CLOSED
Registration is by a random lottery drawing. It's not first-come, first-served, so all entered have an equal chance at participating in summer camp.
The drawing is March 23. You do not need to be present. Results of the drawing will be mailed out no later than April 6, 2020.
For more info, contact Brian, 904-209-0365.
Summer Camps 2020
The Parks & Recreation Summer Camps are for children ages 5-12 (only five year olds that have completed kindergarten by the start of camp are eligible) and held at six St. Johns County locations. Camps emphasize outdoor activities and are staffed by experienced, motivated leaders from within our community. Campers will have a variety of activities including field trips, arts & crafts, and swimming.
Summer Camp Registration Drawing
Registration is not on a first-come, first-serve basis. Names are drawn at random so that all resident children entered have an equal chance at participation. The drawing will be held Monday, March 23, 2020. You do not need to be present. Results of the drawing will be mailed out no later than April 6, 2020.
How the Drawing Registration Works
- Participants are chosen at random via computer. The lottery will be held Friday, March 23. You do NOT need to be present for the drawing.
- We will mail out notifications immediately following the drawing. All results will be mailed by early April, so please be patient and wait for your results before contacting our offices.
- If your first camp location choice is full, you will be placed in your second choice; if your second choice is full, you will be placed on the Waiting List of your first choice.
- If the Waiting List for your first choice is full, you will be placed on the waiting list of your second choice. If both waiting lists are full, we will be unable to enroll your children in the Summer Camp program or place them on a waiting list.
Questions? For more information on the 2020 Summer Camp registration process, contact Brian James 904.209.0365 or email@example.com
Summer Camp Dates & Hours
Camp starts June 8 and ends July 24.
Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2020 Camp Fees
- Camp Rate: $430 per child; $62 per week.
- Reduced Rate: $330 per child; $48 per week (must qualify).
To receive the reduced rate, you must qualify for Reduced Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board; you will be required to submit your paperwork with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
- Free Rate: $230 per child; $33 per week (must qualify).
To receive the free rate, you must qualify for Free Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board; you will be required to submit your paperwork with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
2020 Camp Locations
- Davis Park Field House (80 Campers)
210 Davis Park Road, Ponte Vedra
- Ketterlinus Gym (140 campers)
60 Orange Street, St. Augustine
- Plantation Park (60 Campers)
3060 Racetrack Road, St. Johns
- Solomon Calhoun Center (125 Campers)
1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine
- Trout Creek (60 Campers)
6795 Collier Road, Mill Creek
- W.E. Harris Community Center (100 Campers)
400 East Harris Street, Hastings
Contact site directly to register (904) 692-3655
Summer Camp Counselor Positions
Apply now to be a summer camp staff member for the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department. As a counselor, you'll help our campers have an experience they will never forget as they build relationships that last a lifetime! Candidates must be child focused, fun to be around, self-starting, hardworking, and enjoy working with a team. Contact Brian James at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to apply.
Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program
Do you like the outdoors? Have you ever wanted to be a day camp counselor? If so, then the Counselor-In-Training Program might be for you! Registration for this program is first-come, first-serve; applications will be available beginning in April.
- A 7-week youth program for teens ages 13-16.
- Learn valuable job training and leadership skills.
- Work side-by-side with Counselors of the Super Summer Camp Program.
The program runs in the summer, Monday through Friday, for eight working hours daily. A mandatory training for all CIT applicants will be held in May, date/time to be announced. Upon completion of training, each CIT will be placed in a Super Summer Camp program where he or she will receive one-on-one training and learn what it takes to become a day camp counselor.
The CIT Mission
The St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department Counselor-In-Training program offers past campers educational and leadership experiences, preparing them to be the future leaders of our camps and their communities.
Questions? For more information on the 2020 Summer Camp registration process, contact Brian James 904.209.0365 or email@example.com.
Parks & Recreation Newsletter
Be in the know about what's happening in our parks with our Parks and Recreation Newsletter.
Jr. Lifeguard Program
Join one of the top Lifeguard programs in the state of Florida. Train with the top Lifeguards on the St. Johns County Beaches and pool. Click for more information.
SJC Parks and Recreation – Where everybody plays.