Super Summer Spectacular 2015
Summer Camps 2015
The Recreation & Parks Department summer Camps are for children ages 5-12 (five year olds must currently be in Kindergarten to be eligible, VPK children are not eligible), and held at six locations in St. Johns County. Camps emphasize outdoor activities and are staffed by experienced, motivated leaders from within our community. Campers get to participate in a variety of activities including field trips, arts & crafts, and swimming.
Summer Camp Registration Drawing Dates March 2-13, 2015
Registration for the drawing will be open from March 2 through March 13, 2015. Registration is not on a first come first serve basis. Names are drawn at random so that all resident children entered have an equal chance at participation. The drawing will be held on March 27, 2015. You do not need to be present. Results of the drawing will be mailed out no later than April, 2015.
Summer Camp Drawing Registration
How the Drawing Works
- Participants are chosen at random by drawing names via computer. The public drawing will be held Friday, March 27 at Ketterlinus Gym. You do NOT need to be present for the drawing.
- We will mail out notifications immediately following the drawing. All results will be mailed early April, so please be patient and wait for your results before contacting our offices.
- If your first camp location choice of is full, you will be placed in your second choice; if your second choice is full, you will be placed on the Waiting List.
- If the Waiting List for your first choice is full, you will be placed on the waiting list of your second choice. If both waiting lists are full, we will be unable to enroll your children in the Summer Spectacular program or on a waiting list.
Summer Camp Dates & Hours
Camp starts June 15 and ends July 31.
Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2015 Camp Fees
- Camp Rate: $410 per child; $59 per week.
- Reduced Rate: $305 per child; $44 per week. (Must qualify.)
To receive the reduced rate you must qualify for Reduced Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board, you will be required to submit your paper work with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
- Free Rate: $205 per child; $30 per week. (Must qualify.)
To receive the free rate you must qualify for Free Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board, you will be required to submit your paper work with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
2015 Camp Locations
- Davis Park Field House
210 Davis Park Road, Ponte Vedra
- Ketterlinus Gym
60 Orange Street, St. Augustine
- Plantation Park
3060 Racetrack Road, St. Johns
- Solomon Calhoun Center
1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine
- Trout Creek
6795 Collier Road, Mill Creek
- W.E. Harris Community Center
400 East Harris Street, Hastings
Counselor in Training (CIT) Program
Do you like the outdoors? Have you ever wanted to be a day camp counselor? Then the Counselor In Training Program might be for you!
- A 7 week youth program for teens ages 13-16.
- Learn valuable job training and leadership skills
- Work side by side with Counselors of the Super Summer Spectacular Program.
The program runs in the summer, Monday through Friday for eight working hours daily. A mandatory training for all CIT applicants will be held in June, date/time to be announced. At completion of this training each CIT will be placed in a Super Summer Spectacular program where he or she will receive one-on-one training and learn what it takes to become a day camp counselor.
The CIT Mission
The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department Counselor-In-Training program offers past campers educational and leadership experiences, preparing them to be the future leaders of our camps and their communities.
Jr. Lifeguard Program
Join one of the top Lifeguard programs in the state of Florida. Train with the top Lifeguards on the St. Johns County Beaches and pool. Click for more information.
SJC Recreation and Parks – Where everybody plays