Super Summer Camps 2016
The Summer Camp Registration Drawing is Closed
Summer Camps 2016
The Parks & Recreation Department Camps are for children ages 5*-12 (*only five year olds that have completed kindergarten by the start of camp are eligible), and held at six locations in St. Johns County. Camps emphasize outdoor activities and are staffed by experienced, motivated leaders from within our community. Campers get to participate in a variety of activities including field trips, arts & crafts, and swimming.
Summer Camp Counselor Postitions
Apply now to be a summer camp staff member for the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department! Our counselors help our campers have an experience they will never forget and as they build relationships that last a lifetime! Candidates must be child focused, fun to be around, self-starting, hardworking, and enjoy working with a team! More information and application.
Summer Camp Registration Drawing
Entries for the drawing are accepted through 5p.m. March 11, 2016. Registration is not on a first come first serve basis. Names are drawn at random so that all resident children entered have an equal chance at participation. The drawing will be held on March 18, 2016. You do not need to be present. Results of the drawing will be mailed out no later than April 1, 2016.
How the Drawing Works
- Participants are chosen at random by drawing names via computer. The public drawing will be held Friday, March 18. You do NOT need to be present for the drawing.
- We will mail out notifications immediately following the drawing. All results will be mailed late March, so please be patient and wait for your results before contacting our offices.
- If your first camp location choice is full, you will be placed in your second choice; if your second choice is full, you will be placed on the Waiting List of your first choice.
- If the Waiting List for your first choice is full, you will be placed on the waiting list of your second choice. If both waiting lists are full, we will be unable to enroll your children in the Summer Spectacular program or place them on a waiting list.
Summer Camp Dates & Hours
Camp starts June 6 and ends July 22.
Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2016 Camp Fees
- Camp Rate: $410 per child; $59 per week.
- Reduced Rate: $305 per child; $44 per week. (Must qualify.)
To receive the reduced rate you must qualify for Reduced Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board, you will be required to submit your paper work with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
- Free Rate: $205 per child; $30 per week. (Must qualify.)
To receive the free rate you must qualify for Free Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board, you will be required to submit your paper work with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
2016 Camp Locations
- Davis Park Field House
210 Davis Park Road, Ponte Vedra
- Ketterlinus Gym
60 Orange Street, St. Augustine
- Plantation Park
3060 Racetrack Road, St. Johns
- Solomon Calhoun Center
1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine
- Trout Creek
6795 Collier Road, Mill Creek
- W.E. Harris Community Center
400 East Harris Street, Hastings
Contact site directly to register (904) 692-3655
Counselor in Training (CIT) Program
All CIT Positions are Currently Filled. Do you like the outdoors? Have you ever wanted to be a day camp counselor? Then the Counselor In Training Program might be for you! Registration for this program is first come first serve; applications will be accepted beginning April 4, 2016.
- A 7 week youth program for teens ages 13-16.
- Learn valuable job training and leadership skills
- Work side by side with Counselors of the Super Summer Spectacular Program.
The program runs in the summer, Monday through Friday for eight working hours daily. A mandatory training for all CIT applicants will be held in June, date/time to be announced. At completion of this training each CIT will be placed in a Super Summer Spectacular program where he or she will receive one-on-one training and learn what it takes to become a day camp counselor.
The CIT Mission
The St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department Counselor-In-Training program offers past campers educational and leadership experiences, preparing them to be the future leaders of our camps and their communities.
Jr. Lifeguard Program
Join one of the top Lifeguard programs in the state of Florida. Train with the top Lifeguards on the St. Johns County Beaches and pool. Click for more information.
SJC Parks and Recreation – Where everybody plays