Just Tri It! Kids Triathlon
Registration ends April 27th! Race day is April 28th!
Last day to register is Saturday, April 27, 2-5pm. Last swim tests are Saturday, April 27 at 1pm.
Join us for the 2013 Kids Triathlon on April 28th, 8 a.m. at the Solomon Calhoun Center! Children ages 5-14 can join in the fun and JUST TRI IT! This is a non-competitive event giving everyone the chance to participate in a Triathlon. The first 250 children to pick up their race packets will get a Just Tri It! tee shirt and every child that completes the race will get a medal for their accomplishment!
- Early packet pickup for the Triathlon is 2-5 p.m., Saturday April 27, at the Solomon Calhoun Center.
- Day of Event Road Closures, Map, Directions, Parking Guildelines Map / Directions Parking
- 2013 Just Tri It! Course Map
Tot Trot Races
There will be two races in the Tot Trot — a 50 yard dash for children ages three and under, and a 100 yard dash for children ages 3-5. Register at the Kid's Triathlon table, Solomon Calhoun Center, Saturday the 27th 2-5 p.m. and Saturday the 28th 7-8 a.m. The Tot Trot races begin when the final Triathlon participant crosses the finish line and will be held on the football field next to the finish line. This ievent is free and all Trotters will receive a participation ribbon and a t-shirt.
Registration Deadline / Fees
Registration fees are non-refundable. Fees help cover the cost of t-shirts, medals, and event materials.
- Just Tri It! Registration closes Saturday, April 27 at 5 p.m. for the Kid's Triathalon. Registration Form.
- Tot Trot registration can be done before or on race day.
- Registration Fee – First Child: $30; Each Additional Child from the same family: $15
- Tot Trot is Free of charge
Race Day Schedule
- Race Rules
- Participant check and bike drop off at the Solomon Calhoun Center begins at 7 a.m.
- Please use the South St. Johns St. entrance so we may better manage traffic in and out of the Center.
- All roads will close to incoming traffic at 8:00 a.m. After 8, use SR 207 and park outside the coned area.
- At 8:15 a.m., we will gather in the front of the Solomon Calhoun Center for announcements and the National Anthem.
- At 8:30 a.m., the first heat of Division One will begin.
- Please make sure all athletes have taken their swim test by the 27th.
- Remember to bring your bike helmets, swim goggles, sunscreen and anything else your athlete might need for the event.
- Training wheels on bikes will NOT be permitted. Parents are not allowed to assist their child on the course at any time.
- Ages 5-6 (K-1st)
Swim 25m (1 lap) | Bike 1 mile | Run 1/2 mile
- Ages 7-8 (2nd-3rd)
Swim 50m (2 laps) | Bike 2 miles | Run 1/2 mile
- Ages 9-11 (4th & 6th)
Swim 100m (4 laps) | Bike 3 miles | Run 1 mile
- Ages 12-14 (7th -8th)
Swim 150m (6 laps) | Bike 4 miles | Run 1 mile
All children currently enrolled in kindergarten through 8th grade are welcome to participate in our non-competitive triathlon. All athletes will race in the appropriate division based on their ages on race day.
Children in the 9-11 division who have completed a competitive triathlon in 2012, are eligible for the 12-14 Division but must submit proper documentation to the Recreation and Parks Department prior to the event.
Proof of Swimming Proficiency: With each athlete registration, you must include one of the following as proof that your child is a proficient swimmer. No child who must be assisted during the swimming portion of the race will be allowed to complete the triathlon. Each athlete will be contacted to confirm swim information.
- USA Swimming Team Name and Head Coach's email address or phone number (only USA Swim Teams – not summer league or lessons programs)
- Previous triathlon experience: Name and date of most recent event
- Photocopy of YMCA swim test card, available at any YMCA location
SJC Recreation and Parks – Where everybody plays