The Role of Purchasing
The St. Johns County Purchasing Department ensures compliance with County and State Purchasing Laws. It also assists Department Heads and Staff in procurement, purchasing procedures, interpreting and adhering to policies. This department prepares bid documents for Sealed Bids, maintains Standard Documents, provides information to bidders, evaluates and processes Requisitions for Purchases, insures compliance with County Policy and other applicable statutes, opening and tabulation of Sealed Bids, and prepares all Purchase Orders.
The St. Johns County Purchasing Department is interested in fostering participation by all qualified business persons offering commodities and services that may be used by the County. Selling to St. Johns County is not as difficult as you may envision. Some helpful hints to a business interested in selling include:
- The Bid Proposal Form in the Invitation for Bid must be signed by an authorized person with the authority to legally bind the Bidding Firm.
- Written quotations must be signed by an authorized member of the Firm, when required.
- Bid Security must accompany your bid when required by the Invitation to Bid.
- Supporting literature (if required) must accompany bid documents.
- Items must be delivered exactly as bid by awarded Bidder.
- Immediately contact the Purchasing Department to clarify any questions you may have.
St. Johns County Purchasing Department
500 San Sebastian View
St. Augustine, FL 32084 (Map)
Surplus Property Operations
2446 Dobbs Road
St Augustine, FL 32086 (Map)