- Traffic Interruption Management System – The Public Works Department is pleased to announce a new online service to track St. Johns County road closures. The Traffic Interruption Management System (TIMS) provides information about current road construction and detours during ROW maintenance, special events, public safety, and construction activity. TIMS is updated weekly and was created in a joint effort with the St. Johns County School District Career Academy summer internship program.
- S A M I – St. Johns County Asset Management Inventory shows roads maintained by the Public Works Department, including Traffic Signs & Signals, Guardrails, Handrails, Bridges, Sidewalks, and Drainage Structures
- Engineering Capital Improvement Projects
- Road and Bridge Current Service Request Calls
- Public Works Maps and Apps
- Open Data Portal
Public Works, 2740 Industry Center Rd., St. Augustine, FL 32084
Office Hours: 7:30 to 4:30 | P: (904) 209-0266 | F: (904) 209-0267
Our Role in County
The St. Johns County Public Works Department maintains, preserves and protects the infrastructure resources of the County in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Public Works is made up of Engineering Services, Fleet Maintenance, and Road and Bridge.
Public Works Open Data Portal
The Open Data Portal provides citizens with free access to view, download and use, datasets referencing St. Johns County maintained roadways.
- Services – Service Data from the County's Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Projects – Capital Improvements Pavement Conditions and more.
- Drainage – Storm water asset inventory within the County maintained Right-of-Way.
- Transportation – Transportation related asset inventory within the County maintained Right-of-Way
- Traffic – Traffic related asset inventory within the County maintained Right-of-Way.
- Maps and Apps
S A M I – St. Johns County Asset Management Inventory shows roads maintained by the Public Works Department, including Traffic Signs & Signals, Guardrails, Handrails, Bridges, Sidewalks, and Drainage Structures
Engineering Interactive Project Viewer shows current project locations and status.
CR 210 Widening Project shows the four-laning of CR 210 from Greenbriar Road to Cimarrone Boulevard.
Public Works Divisions
Engineering – The St. Johns County Engineering Division provides comprehensive management of design services, permitting and construction services for all transportation capital improvement projects and traffic operations projects, along with Right-of-Way permitting and storm water drainage improvements.
Fleet Maintenance – Fleet Maintenancemaintains and performs all levels of repair on County equipment from small lawn mowers to heavy equipment trucks and bull dozers assigned to departments. We also extend our services to other agencies such as the Council On Aging.
Road and Bridge – Road and Bridge provides maintenance for all County roadways and drainage facilities, including construction, pothole repair, culvert replacements, ditch cleaning, grading, and the removal or cutting back of trees on County right-of-ways. In addition, Road & Bridge Supervisors stake culvert and swale driveway elevations for new driveways and follow up through final inspection.
Solid Waste Management – Solid Waste Management is responsible for the efficient management and operation of the Tillman Ridge Landfill and the enforcement of Solid Waste Disposal Ordinances in conformance with the Environmental Protection Agency and Florida Department of Environmental Protection regulations. Solid Waste Management also oversees curbside pick-up of solid waste generated by residential households, and provides recycling and litter control educational events and programs.
Transportation Operations – Responsible for review, construction inspection, and acceptance of all privately-funded development projects, administration and management of public transportation funding from state and federal sources, as well as coordination and planning to achieve a balanced transportation system including development of the Transportation Element of the Comprehensive Plan and the Traffic Circulation Plan, as well as implementation and management of the Concurrency Management System to maintain adopted levels of service. Transportation Planning is also reviews development projects for consistency with transportation planning and concurrency, and coordinates with other local, state, and regional agencies on transportation issues.