Volunteer at SJC
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with St. Johns County! We depend on volunteers to help us provide residents and visitors with the best services possible. Volunteers directly impact the high quality of life we all enjoy here in St. Johns County.
We know people volunteer for a wide range of reasons – to gain experience, improve employment prospects, stay active, or simply to be of service to the community. That's why we are careful to match our volunteers with positions that will be both personally rewarding and mutually beneficial. Let us help you connect your purpose to our community's needs and create a meaningful and genuinely rewarding experience for both you and the people we so proudly serve.
How to Become a Volunteer
Once you have an idea of where you might like to volunteer, email that department and ask what their needs are. If they do not have an opening, they might know of a similar opportunity in another department. Once a volunteer opportunity has been identified that looks like a good fit, you will need to complete and submit an application to the department you choose to serve.
Where do you think you can make the most contribution?
Our volunteers assist in many areas of our organization and fill roles vital to our success. Listed below are popular departments that you may find of interest – email them for more information and to express your interest in serving as one of their team members!
- Parks & Recreation Department volunteers assist in many ways including working as park guides, league coaches, office support staff, tutors, summer camp staff, and other vital programs. For more information, contact Wil Smith at email@example.com.
- Habitat Conservation Program volunteers play a vital role in monitoring sea turtle nesting, staffing the washback hatchling program, and assisting in keeping our beaches clean. Come comb the beach with this large and active group of volunteers! For more information, contact Ashley Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Library System volunteers have many opportunities all over the County to dedicate their time and talents. Email them with the Branch you'd like to serve in. For more information, contact Angelina Gervasi at email@example.com.
- Amphitheatre and Ponte Vedra Concert Hall volunteers help with the myriad details that result in successful shows and events. If you have interest in cultural events, this may be the place for you! For more information, contact Tony Iaquinto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Board of County Commissioners appoint a broad spectrum of volunteer Boards and Committees that our residents serve on. View current vacancies. For more information, contact Melisa Lundquist at email@example.com.
- Animal Control's Pet Center has plenty of need for caregivers to walk, bathe, and help socialize animals who are looking for loving homes. For more information, contact Brian Pinkerton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extension Services may be just the place if you have a green thumb or are interested in agriculture related topics. Farming, gardening, animal husbandry, and Florida friendly landscaping are just a sampling of the diverse opportunities in this field. For more information, contact Dee Boone at email@example.com.
- Just like our employees, we require all volunteer applicants to submit to and pass a background screening. Juveniles are not subject to this screening requirement.
- Children under the age of fourteen are not permitted to volunteer with St. Johns County unless they are supervised by a parent or guardian while in the conduct of their volunteer service.
- Persons with court ordered service hours are not eligible to participate in our volunteer program.
Thanks again for your interest in volunteering with St. Johns County!