Junior Lifeguard Program
The St. Johns County Junior Lifeguard program is open to boys and girls 9 – 17 years old. The program is staffed by certified ocean rescue lifeguards and focuses on providing water safety education in an environment that is fun while building teamwork, physical conditioning and respect for each other and the environment.
- Issued St. Johns County Junior Lifeguard Uniform (Bathing Suit, Hat, Sun Shirt)
- First Aid lessons including CPR certification
- Lifeguard rescue skills – swimming, paddle board, and jet ski rescues
- Bodyboarding and surfing
- Lifeguard competitions
- Weekly cookout and awards celebration
- Special events (King of the Beach, Monster Mile, Adventure nights)
2018 Registration and Tryouts
All participants are required to pass a swim assessment prior to registering for the program. Registration will be done on a first come first served basis. Registration forms and payment of $150 per child per session is due at the time of the tryout. Due to program popularity spots cannot be held for any reason. Participants will be limited to registering for two sessions. 2018 Jr. Lifeguard Program Registration Form
- 100 yard continuous swim, 5 minute deep water tread, 10 yard underwater swim
All tryouts will take place at the Solomon Calhoun Pool, 1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine Florida 32084.
- Monday, March 24 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 26 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, March 28 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, April 14 at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, April 28 at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, May 26 at 10 a.m.
Drop off 9 a.m., pick up 1pm Marine Rescue Office, 366 A1A Beach Blvd, St. Augustine Florida 32080.
Session 1: Monday, June 4 – Friday, June 8
Session 2: Monday, June 11 – Friday, June 15
Session 3: Monday, June 18 – Friday, June 22
Session 4: Monday, June 25 – Friday, June 29
St. Johns County Marine Rescue