Housing & Community Services
News & Announcements
CDBG Consolidated Plan and 2016-17 Action Plan Proposed Substantial Amendment – St. Johns County is hosting two public hearings regarding a proposed Substantial Amendment to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Consolidated Plan and 2016-2017 Action Plan. The first hearing was held on September 5, 2017 at the St. Johns County Health and Human Services Building, 200 San Sebastian View, Kingfisher Conference Room. The second public hearing has been rescheduled for October 3 at the St. Johns County Administration Building, 500 San Sebastian View, as an item on the Board of County Commissioners regular agenda. The proposed Substantial Amendment will add an objective of Planning and Administration to the Consolidated Plan and the 2016-2017 Action Plan to match funding budgeted for planning and administration. For more information, please call 904.827.6897, view the CDBG information or Meeting Notice.
Affordable Housing Grant Program
St. Johns County Housing and Community Development Division is accepting project applications from non-profits for the Affordable Housing Grant Program beginning September 7, 2016. Project proposals shall provide for affordable housing or for the development of shelter for the homeless within St. Johns County. The St. Johns County Affordable Housing Grant Program is designed to provide grants to eligible organizations to fund a wide range of activities to create affordable housing for very low, low, and moderate income residents of St. Johns County. Project applications, instructions, and a program explanation can be downloaded below.
The Housing & Community Services Division is responsible for the promotion, development, preservation and administration of affordable housing programs, initiatives and policies in St. Johns County. These programs are designed for both single family, multifamily households and developers. Housing & Community Services also assists with related community development issues such as utilities, roads and zoning.
Affordable Housing Grant Program
The St. Johns County Affordable Housing Grant Program provides grants to eligible organizations to fund a wide range of activities to create affordable housing for very low, low, and moderate income residents of St. Johns County.
- St. Johns County Affordable Housing Grant Project Application Form FY 2016 (pdf)
St. Johns County Affordable Housing Grant Project Application Form FY 2016 (docx)
- St. Johns County Affordable Housing Grant Project Application Instructions FY 2016 (pdf)
- St. Johns County Affordable Housing Grant Program Overview (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Evaluation and Scoring of Project Applications (pdf)
If there are any questions, please contact the Housing and Community Development Division at (904) 827-6890 or email@example.com. The deadline for project proposals is Friday, September 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM. Project applications received after the deadline will not be considered for this funding cycle.
SJC Homeownership Program
The St. Johns County Homeownership Program is designed to help you overcome the potential obstacles first-time homebuyers encounter and connect you with resources that will help turn your dream of owning your own home into a reality. More information.
Community Development Block Grant
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. Beginning in 1974, the CDBG program is one of the longest continuously run programs at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The CDBG program provides annual grants on a formula basis to 1209 general units of local government and States. St Johns County, in cooperation with the City of St Augustine Beach, met the population requirement in 2015 to be considered an Entitlement Community by HUD. The CDBG entitlement program allocates annual grants to larger cities and urban counties to develop viable communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and opportunities to expand economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons.
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report – Draft
- St. Johns County 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan
- St. Johns County Citizen Participation Plan
- 2017-2018 Annual Action Plan – Draft
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report – Public Notice
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report
- 2016-2017 Action Plan Substantial Amendment Draft 11/17/2017
- Substantial Amendment Public Notice 11/17/2017 – Posted November 17, 2017
- CDBG Public Meeting Notice – November 27, 2017
- Substantial Amendment Public Notice – Date Changed to October 3, 2017
- Substantial Amendment Public Notice – Cancelled due to Hurricane Irma
- Substantial Amendment to Consolidated Plan & 2016-2017 Action Plan – Draft (7MB PDF)
- 2017-2018 Annual Action Plan – Public Notice
- Scoring Notice 2017
- 2017 CDBG Public Hearings
- 2017 CDBG Application – CLOSED
- 2017 CDBG Survey – CLOSED
The Rehabilitation Program is intended to alleviate immediate and potential housing problems, thus preventing further damage to the structure while allowing the occupants to continue residing in their homes. Code, safety and health issues are paramount.
St. Johns Housing Partnership
Housing Finance Authority
HFA: The Housing Finance Authority of St. Johns County issues tax-exempt and taxable bonds for affordable multifamily housing and single family mortgages.
The St. Johns County Community Redevelopment Agency was established to promote, coordinate and fund a variety of residential and commercial redevelopment efforts in three community redevelopment areas.