SJC beach visitors are able to enjoy a wide range of activities. While at the beach, please be considerate of the environment, the animals that live there, and other beach goers. It will help ensure the beaches are a joy both now and for years to come.
Prohibited Items / Activities
- No loud music.
Music may not be heard more than 25 feet from its source.
- Alcoholic beverages & glass containers prohibited.
- Open fires prohibited.
Heated objects (coals, etc.) must be disposed of properly.
- Fireworks prohibited.
- Unleashed animals prohibited. Please clean up after your animals.
- No soliciting, canvassing, or commercial activities.
- Motorized boats may not launch from the Atlantic Ocean Beach.
- Beach driving / parking hours are 8:00 am to 7:30 pm during sea turtle season (May 1 – October 31).
- Vehicle traffic must remain in designated driving lanes as identified by cones.
- Park only on the west side of the lane between cones and conservation zone.
- Vehicle speed limit is no faster than 10 mph on the beach.
- All vehicles are required to stop at all beach ramps and yield to all pedestrians.
- Traffic is southbound only between A street Ramp and Crescent Beach Ramp.
Rules to Protect Natural Resources
- Fill all holes left by sandcastle building, tire ruts, etc.
- Do not leave anything on the beach overnight.
Includes tents, chairs, catamarans, trailers, personal items.
- Use designated walkovers to cross dunes.
- Do not remove beach sand or vegetation.
- No activities are allowed within the Conservation Zone. CZ is designated by brown signs.
- Harassing animals is strictly prohibited.
- Reduce beach front lighting. Turn off or shield lights, draw curtains.
- Lanterns and flashlights are strictly prohibited during sea turtle season (May 1 – October 31).
For more information about St. Johns County Parks and Recreation, beaches, pavilion rentals, and beach wheelchair program, please call (904) 209-0752. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.