FY2016 and Beyond Board of County Commissioners Special Meeting
The St. Johns Board of County Commissioners held a special meeting on January 27. At the special meeting, the Board of County Commissioners discussed the FY2016 budget and the need to balance revenues with community expectations. Please view the presentation made by County Administrator Michael D. Wanchick to review the information presented to the Board of County Commissioners. A subsequent special Board of County Commissioners meeting has been scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 12 at the St. Johns County Administration Building, 500 San Sebastian Dr., to solicit public input regarding balancing revenue with community expectations. Please call 904.209.0549, for additional information. FY2016 and Beyond Presentation.
- Drawing for 2015 Super Summer Spectacular Camp Registration – Entries for the drawing will be accepted March 2 – 15 at www.sjcfl.us/youth, Ketterlinus Gym, Solomon Calhoun Center, or by calling (904) 209-0377 / (904) 209-0333. Summer Camp Registration Drawing
- The Golden Dragon Acrobats Return to The St. Augustine Amphitheatre for two very special performances on Friday, March 27 and Saturday, March 28 with a brand-new cirque spectacular entitled "Cirque Ziva." Tickets go on sale January 30 at 10 a.m.
- The Ponte Vedra Concert Hall Announces Two New Shows – Pop rock singer / songwriter Lisa Loeb on May 10 and iconic blues guitarist and five-time GRAMMY award-winning act The Robert Cray Band on April 27. Tickets go on sale January 30 at 10am.
- Employee of the Year, Wes Tucker and Longest Tenured, Wayne Pacetti recognized at Employee Service Awards along with 156 employees with combined dedicated service of 1,910 years. Service Awards.
- County Administrator & Sheriff Shoar Speak at FAC Workshop – Mr. Wanchick and Sheriff Shoar addressed new commissioners and staff at the Florida Association of Counties annual workshop for incoming elected officials. Image | FAC Workshop.
- Tourist Development Council Regular Meeting – Monday, February 2 at 1:30pm in the St. Johns County Auditorium. Meeting Details.
- Ponte Vedra Zoning and Adjustment Board Meeting scheduled for Monday, February 9, 2015, has been cancelled.
- North Coastal Design Review Board Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, February 11, 2015, has been cancelled.
- Insurance Committee Meeting – Thursday, February 5 at 9:00 a.m. in the Supervisor of Elections conference room. Meeting Details.
- Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code Amendment Public Hearing – February 17 at 5:01pm in front of the Board of County Commissioners. Meeting Details.
- Musical Madness at Ponte Vedra Beach LIbrary – The PVB Library and the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra will host live performances for elementary-aged children. Musical Madness.
- New Social Media Services – St. Johns County Instagram and YouTube accounts have been launched to provide wider access to accurate and timely county information. New Social Media Services.
- Beach Access Pass Preseason Sale – 2015 vehicle beach access passes at preseason prices on sale now through March 1. Beach Access Passes
- Emergency Proclamation Extended – A state of local emergency continues to exist due to the effects of recent heavy winds and surf and actual or anticipated coastal erosion. Emergency Proclamation.
- Streamlined Permitting – Growth Management has streamlined the permitting process to save applicants time and money when applying for new residential construction or renovation permits. Growth Management
- St. Johns County Board of County Commission regular meetings are held each month on the first and third Tuesdays at 9:00 am in the St. Johns County Auditorium. Agendas | Minutes | Calendar
- Public Library System Offering Notary Services – Beginning November 1, the Main, Bartram Trail, Hastings, and Southeast branch libraries will be offering notary services. Public Library System Notary Services.
- Negotiation Meetings – Representatives of the Collective Bargaining Team of St. Johns County and of the International Association of Firefighters Local #3865 will meet in public session for the purpose of collective bargaining contract negotiations. 2015 Schedule.
- Accomplishments, Accolades, and Recognitions – Learn about the investment of public resources and the difficult role the County Commission plays in successfully guiding our county to its status of one of the most successful in Florida. More information.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week!
- Road Construction Advisories – www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas may be viewed on the Clerk of Courts website.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ email@example.com, or (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions about Americans with Disabilities Act Procedures, please contact the Compliance Officer, Katie Diaz at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.