- St. Johns County 2014 Youth Basketball League – Recreation and Parks Youth Basketball League season registration begins on October 1. Youth Basketball.
- October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month – St. Johns County Recreation & Parks softball leagues are teaming up with Betty Griffin House for a “Purple Out” during co-ed and men's games October 6 & 7 at Treaty Park. For the “Purple Out” awareness event, teams are encouraged to wear anything purple! “Purple Out” Softball Game
- Jacksonville Jaguars to Host St. Johns County Game Day – The Jacksonville Jaguars will host the 2nd Annual St. Johns County Day on October 19. Come watch your Jags take on the Cleveland Browns. Packages start at $50, and include a game ticket, a tailgate party featuring Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q, an appearance by the ROAR cheerleaders, live music, and a Jags T-shirt. SJC Game Day
- Health and Human Services Meeting – Notice is hereby given that the St. Johns County Evaluation Review Meeting for the Health and Human Services Funding Availability RFP will meet Monday, September 29, 2014. Health and Human Services Meeting
- TPO Draft Cost Feasible Plan – A public meeting has been scheduled with St. Johns County Commissioner Rachael Bennett and City Commissioner Nancy Sikes-Kline, both members of the Transportation Planning Organization; on October 6, 2014 to have a discussion of the TPO Draft Cost Feasible Plan. It is anticipated that one or more St. Johns County Commissioners may attend and participate. Full Public Notice.
- Vilano Beach Overlay District Public Workshop – St. Johns County will be holding a public meeting / workshop regarding various amendments to the St. Johns County Comprehensive Plan and the Land Development Code on October 6th, 2014. Land Development Code Public Meeting / Workshop.
- Negotiation Meetings – Representatives of the Collective Bargaining Team of St. Johns County and representatives of the International Association of Firefighters Local #3865 will meet in public session for the purpose of collective bargaining contract negotiations. Full Public Notice.
- St. Johns County Ranked Top 4% Nationwide in Quality of Life – A recent study published by the New York Times ranked the ease of living for every county in the United States. Out of 3,135 U.S. counties, St. Johns ranked in the top 4% nationally and was the number one ranked county in the State of Florida. SJC Top 4% in Quality of Life.
- Moses Creek Exploration Kayak Trips – Recreation and Parks Department is hosting guided kayak tours of Moses Creek Thursday, October 2 and Saturday, October 4. To RSVP, or for additional information, please call 904.209.0348. Moses Creek Kayak Trips
- Crescent Beach Park Expansion and Parking Lot Improvements – The project started September 2, is anticipated to take four weeks, and there will be limited access to parking, and potentially a full closure for a limited time. Crescent Beach Park Expansion
- St. Johns County – FY15 County Budget and Beyond – St. Johns County Administrator Michael Wanchick periodically addresses local civic, non-profit, and business organizations to present information about the county budget, capital improvement projects, and strategic long-term planning. View the State of the County presentation.
- Flood Risk and Mitigation Workshops – James R. Schock, St. Johns County Floodplain Manager and Plans Examiner; is presenting a series of workshops about flood risk and mitigation strategies beginning September 12. For more information, please contact (904) 827-6806 or email@example.com. Workshop Information and Schedule.
- St. Johns County 2013-14 Accomplishments, Accolades, and Recognitions – Please review the St. Johns County Accolades, Accomplishments, and Recognitions List, to learn more about the investment of public resources in St. Johns County’s current and future quality of life, and the difficult role the County Commission plays in successfully guiding our county to its status of one of the most successful in the State of Florida.
- Sea Turtle Nesting Season Rules – Beach driving and lighting rules are in effect to October 31. Sea Turtle Nesting Season and the Habitat Conservation Program.
- Sea Turtle Nests – Get the latest sea turtle nesting & hatching info! Turtle Tracks.
- St. Johns County Board and Committee Vacancies – Current vacancies.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week!
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas – View agendas on the Clerk of Courts website. For information related to an agenda item, just click the text of that item.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
- Drive in St. Johns County? Get road construction advisories at www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ firstname.lastname@example.org, or (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions about Americans with Disabilities Act Procedures, please contact the Compliance Officer, Katie Diaz at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.