- Public Comment Needed to Stop Seismic Airgun Testing Off Our Shores – Join the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners in opposition to seismic airgun testing off the Florida coastline. Seismic airgun testing is used to find offshore oil and gas deposits by shooting extremely loud bursts of sound every ten seconds for days or weeks at a time. The potential impacts to marine life could be catastrophic with as many as 38 marine species impacted, including the endangered North Atlantic Right Whale. Visit the BOEM website and enter your comment that Seismic Airgun Testing off St. Johns County's shoreline is unacceptable and will negatively impact our residents, visitors, and marine wildlife. More information and other options for submitting your comments before the May 7 2014 deadline.
- West Augustine Nuisance Abatement Board will hold a meeting on Monday, April 28, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. in Conference Room 1-A of the St. Johns County Permit Center, 4040 Lewis Speedway, St. Augustine, Florida 32084. The purpose of this meeting will be to discuss interests and issues that affect the West Augustine Nuisance Abatement Board. Full Public Notice and Agenda.
- Bartram Bash and Earth Day Celebration – St. Johns County is hosting the 10th Annual Bartram Bash to celebrate Earth Day and the birthday of William Bartram, America's first native-born naturalist, April 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Alpine Groves Park, 2060 State Road 13 North. The free event will feature folk and bluegrass performances by Grandpa's Cough Medicine, The Frontier Needs More Heroes, and The Jacksonville Old Time Jam. The Bash will also include authentic portrayals of William Bartram and his local native guide, a Cape Dory wooden sailboat display, kayaking, children's entertainment, and educational booths and displays featuring the flora and fauna of St. Johns County and the St. Johns River. Food vendors will be on site offering a variety of refreshments. For more information, please contact AyoLane Halusky, St. Johns County Park Naturalist, at (904) 209-0348 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viva Vilano! Vilano Beach Main Street, Inc. announces its newest video release highlighting the style, personality, and history of St. Johns County's Vilano Beach. The Vilano Beach Town Center is a walkable half mile area between two waterfronts with a unique sense of place. It is located two miles over the Intracoastal Waterway from St. Augustine, the oldest city in America founded in 1565; and became a Florida Main Street Community in 2003. Visit the Vilano Beach Town Center website to learn more about this unique waterfront destination.
- St. Johns County Board and Committee Vacancies – St. Johns County is currently accepting applications for volunteer Board and Committee vacancies.. Current Board and Committee vacancies.
- GTV Launches New Online Streaming Service, On-demand Video Archive, and AT&T U-verse Channel – Continually striving to increase transparency, St. Johns County recently expanded both online streaming and broadcast coverage of GTV, the County's governmental television access channel. The new multi-platform streaming feed is available 24 hours a day on most desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices, including Apple products. The convenient, on-demand video archive allows viewers to watch replays of specific agenda items from County public meetings simply by clicking indexed agendas. In addition, St. Johns County U-verse customers now have 24/7 GTV broadcasts of community messages, public service announcements, and live and replayed public meetings on channel 99. GTV remains available on Comcast channels 3, 29, or 261. Expanded GTV Broadcasting.
- Introduction to Coin Collecting for K-12 Children – The St. Johns County Public Library System and Greater Jacksonville Coin Club (GJCC) invite children in grades K-12 to explore the exciting world of coin collecting during an introductory educational program at 4 p.m. on Monday, April 21 at the Bartram Trail Branch Library. Participants will learn about the history of coins, how they are made, and how mint facilities operate. Admission is free and advanced registration is required. Introduction to Coin Collecting Program.
- Turtletown Beach Clean-up – Solid Waste Management invites residents to help prepare our local beaches for sea turtle nesting season by sweeping our beaches clean during the 13th Annual Turtletown Beach Cleanup from 8 to 11 a.m. on April 26. Volunteers of all ages are welcome to participate. Registration forms, bags, and gloves will be available on the day of the clean-up. Individuals, groups, clubs, schools, churches, and scouts are welcome to volunteer. Community Service certificates are available for all students. For more information, read Turtletown Beach Clean-up.
- 2014 Just Tri It! Kids Triathlon – Children ages 5 through 14 are invited to join the fun and participate in the St. Johns County Just Tri It! Kids Triathlon May 4 at the Solomon Calhoun Center, 1300 Duval Street. This non-competitive event provides everyone with the chance to participate in a triathlon. The first 250 children to pick up race packets will receive a Just Tri It! T-shirt, and every child that completes the race will get a medal for their accomplishment. Just Tri It!
- Capital Improvement Plan and Fiscal Year 15 Budget Guidelines Workshop – The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners held a workshop at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 to discuss Balancing Community Needs with Projected Revenues and Fiscal Year Budget Guidelines. For additional information, please review the presentation or call (904) 209-0549.
- Main Library Closed through April for Renovations and Improvements including an update of the restroom facilities, and reconfiguration of the Children's Library and Adult Reading area. The book drop will remain open. Items due during the closure will not be due until May 1. The SJC Public Library System thanks patrons for their patience and understanding. For additional information and online services, please visit www.sjcpls.org or call 904.827.6940.
- Special Meeting of the Board of County Commissioners – The Board of County Commissioners of St. Johns County, Florida held a special meeting Friday, February 7, 2014. The purpose was to conduct a Concurrency Workshop to have discussion of Transportation Planning topics and the County Transportation Concurrency Program. Community Notice, Proposed Concurrency Changes, Concurrency Presentation and Memos, December 2013 Meeting Minutes, Concurrency Workshop.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week! You can also help them over on our Facebook page with a like & a share. www.facebook.com/SJCFL
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas – View agendas on the Clerk of Courts website. For information related to an agenda item, just click the text of that item.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
- Drive in St. Johns County? Get road construction advisories at www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ email@example.com, or by phone: (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions in reference to Title II Procedures regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the St Johns County Compliance Officer, Wayne Pacetti at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.